Saturday 17 February 2018

Floral Congrats


Does a run cancel out eating your body weight in chocolate? I've done both today and I decided I will believe one cancels out the other... I was also supposed to be cleaning, but true to myself I made a card instead. As one does. Our house is a mess and my craft room the worst mess of all!

Today's card is inspired by the beautiful colours over at Color Throwdown and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm also linking up over at CAS on Sunday and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is die cuts.


I used Distress Oxides to create some coloured panels, one green and one purple and used these for die cutting using STAMPlorations Trendy Spring Blooms dies, along with some grey card for the "outlines" of the flowers. I absolutely love these dies and I particularly love to piece the die cuts with coloured card. It's a bit fiddly but all you really need is a good pair of tweezers and some patients. I think it's better than meditation! The background card was a piece I dabbed some leftover ink onto when I was making my coloured cards - waste not, want not and all that stuff. I heat embossed a sentiment from Trendy Feathers 2.


Card: shimmery white card, grey shimmery card, light grey card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Trendy Feathers 2
Dies: STAMPlorations Trendy Spring Blooms, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Tsukineko Versamark


4 comments:

Lin said...

What a pretty use of these colors, love it! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card! Those flowers look amazing! Love the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful purple flowers! Love this! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Broni said...

SO pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!