Sunday 5 November 2017

North and South Pole Tags


I've been working on my stash of Christmas cards, but not really on any gift tags yet. So today, I thought I would change that as I was inspired by the cute bear tag over at Tag You're It challenge and the Clever Gift Packaging Challenge over at Lawn Fawnatics (not sure if tags really count as gift packaging or not, but I saw a few other tags in the gallery so I thought why not!). I'm also linking up with the Christmas Gift Tag challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Anything but a card over at Make My Monday.



I started by die cutting the tags in Neenah Solar white card, and inking the sky with Tim Holtz Distress inks, splattering with water mixed with some Perfect Pearls (which gives the sky a nice, subtle shimmer which I wasn't able to capture in the photos). Then I die cut the mountains in kraft card, and the snowy mountaintops, the snowy hillside and the forest border in white card. Last, I stamped the cute critters, colouring them with Copics and die cutting with the matching dies. After assembling the tags, I added some twine for attaching the tags to the gifts. I will stamp a greeting on the reverse of the tags.



Card: Neenah Solar white, kraft card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Snow and matching dies
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Tag You're It, Forest Border, Stitched Mountain Borders, Stitched Hillside Borders
Other: blue and white twine from my stash

6 comments:

Sue - said...

Two great tags! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

Nancy K said...

Oh my goodness, your tags are adorable! I love the North/South theme, totally brilliant idea! I'm so glad you joined us for our Clever Gift Packaging challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

Kelly Szafron said...

Adorable tags! Thank you for joining the challenge at Tag You're It!

Sian said...

These are so cute! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a fabulous winter scene! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Bobby said...

These are so cute and clever to do north and south poles. Thanks for sharing your tags with us at Tag You're It!