Thursday 29 June 2017

Unicorn Watercolour Hugs


I have been amassing a serious mountain of NBUS and have made a bit of an effort to work my way through some of it. I was super-inspired by the Watercolour theme over at Lawn Fawnatics - the DT are amazing and there is always such amazing inspiration, but for some reason I haven't managed to play along all that often. I wanted to try out my new Starry Skies die and thought it would go great with a watercoloured night sky. And a unicorn. No starry sky scene is complete without a unicorn, right? I was also inspired by the colourful umbrellas (blue, green, pink and yellow) in the inspiration image over at Inspired By All The Little Things and last, but not least I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes. 





I started by painting a night sky and some grass using my Gansai Tambi watercolours and die cut the pieces using Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Hillside Borders and Grassy Border dies. Next I stamped the Winter Unicorn and the flowers from Gleeful Garden onto watercolour paper and coloured them with watercolours too, and die cut with the matching dies. Then I cut the sentiment using Scripty Hugs from pink and yellow card, and cut a piece of yellow Watercolour Wishes paper using the Scalloped Borders for the background. Lastly I assembled the card, using some 3D foam tape for the grass, unicorn and one of the flowers for some dimension before attaching everything onto a card base.

Card: 300 gsm white card, 350 gsm Daler&Rowney Watercolour card, scraps of pink and yellow card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Winter Unicorn, Gleeful Garden and matching dies
Dies: Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangles, Stitched Rectangles, Starry Skies, Stitched Hillside Border, Grassy Border, Scripty Hugs
Ink and Colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: Lawn Fawn Watercolour Wishes paper

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Great use of the colours of the inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Nancy K said...

Your watercolor night sky is fabulous! And of course you can never go wrong with a cute unicorn! I'm so glad you joined us for our watercolor challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

Gayatri said...

The watercoloured background is awesome. Magical card. Love it. Thank you for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx