Friday 30 June 2017

Distress Oxide Watercoloured Flowers


When I saw the new STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1 stamp I knew it would be perfect for watercolouring. And with all the Distress Oxides out on my craft desk after a few days of very intensive crafting, I thought why not use those. Although the selection of colours so far is quite limited (but yes, I did see the big reveal of the new colours the other day and oooh me oh my, me wants them all!!) you can still get quite a few colours by mixing them up. My favourites were the mix of Fossilized Amber with Cracked Pistachio, and Worn Lipstick with Fossilized Amber. 

Anyhow,  I started by stamping the flower stamp in Antique Linen Distress Ink onto watercolour paper and then watercolouring with the Distress Inks. I die cut the flowers using the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle die. I added a strip of my new super-cute cherry blossom washi tape to a white card base, and added the watercoloured image to the card. Last, I added a few strips of the washi tape onto a scrap piece of white card and die cut the sentiment using the Hugs word die. I also cut the sentiment in black card and layered these for contrast. I just love the chalky look of the Distress Oxides when used to watercolour, and the way they layer or blend depending on whether you add more colour to a wet or semi-dry base. So much fun!

I'm linking up my card over at CAS on Friday where the theme is Flowers, The Challenge (inspiration words below, I went for Flowers, Bright and Watercolour), Make My Monday where the theme is Summer Brights and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes this week. 



Card: 300 gsm white card, 350 gsm Daler&Rowney watercolour paper, scrap of black card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1 Dee's Artsy Impressions
Dies: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, Hugs Word Die
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Anique Linen, Distress Oxides Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio, Fired Brick, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet
Other: Washi tape from my stash

Don't forget today is the last day of the STAMPlorations 4th Birthday Hop and Wishlist Linky Party with lots of opportunities to win great prizes. Also, don't forget you can get 20% off when shopping at the STAMPlorations store by using the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. Together with the 15% birthday discount (which is applied automatically without any code) that adds up to a whopping 35% off your order!



4 comments:

Lesley said...

Such beautiful colours and watercolouring! Thank you for sharing at The Challenge!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Claire Broadwater said...

This is stunning! Your watercoloring is so beautiful! I love all the gorgeous colors! SO happy you joined us at The Challenge! XX

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! Love how bright and soft the colors are! Great to see you in the Make My Monday gallery. Hope you join us again soon. Nandini, DT