Wednesday 25 January 2017

Soft Colours


Just popping in for a super-quick post today, it's already way past my bed time but I really wanted to share this card. In fact, I had a bit of a problem with sharing this card as I made it on Monday evening, but as it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home I had no idea how I would manage to get a photo in daylight. In the end my only solution was to take the card to work and snap a pic using my phone. So apologies for the quality of the pic.

The reason I really wanted to share the card is that I absolutely loved the inspiration image over at Inspired by All the Little Things, and I absolutely loved getting out a few ARTplorations stencils and my soft colour Distress inks to create the card (and by the way, if you go inspired to order these stencils, or anything else from STAMPlorations, you can get 20% off by using my offer code STAMPGIRLKAROLA, more details at the end of the post). The gorgeous Peony Number Two stencil is definitely becoming one of my absolute favourite stencils (and this coming from a crafter who had no idea how to use stencils a year ago!!). I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes this week and the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge where the optional twist is stencil. 




Card: 250 gsm white card, scrap of Milled Lavender card
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Antique Linen, Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar
Stencils: ARTplorations Peony Number Two and Dots All Over
Dies: CUTplorations Celebrate word die
Other: Pink adhesive rhinestones from my stash

STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes. If you have any questions or problems, just let me know!


6 comments:

Kylie said...

Your background is beautiful with the soft colours and stencil. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

LauraJane:) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LauraJane:) said...

This is Truly LOVELY!!! Thanks for playing with us at Inspired BY:))) On a side note, I have found the app A Color Story to be helpful with those not so well lit photos.

Karen Day said...

Such a gorgeous, artsy background! I love how you did the flower. thanks for joining us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things!

BożenA said...

So cleverly you used stencil. I love how you've added color - so soft and brighter cenrtum petals. This gives a beautiful effect luminosity of the image. This card is very beautiful!
Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Teresa Kline said...

hello! what an amazing card, luv the one layer and the sweet cas design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*