Thursday 19 January 2017

January STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Mid-Month Inspiration


I don't know much about 2017 yet, but so far I have concluded that time certainly has not slowed down but keeps racing away as quickly as it did back in good old 2016. So here we are, halfway into January already and that means it's time for our STAMPlorations CAS challenge January mid-month inspiration. As usual there are already loads of fantastic creations in the linky but you still have a good few weeks to play along. It's up to you if you want to use our optional colour twist of silver or grey. Don't forget you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA if you want to get 20% at the STAMPlorations store, more details at the end of this blog post.


My stash is completely lacking "Happy New Home" cards, so I thought I would create one as you never know when you need one in a hurry (you know how these card emergencies can creep up on you...). I thought my new STAMPlorations Houses and Houses Extras stamps from the lovely Shirley of Bee's Knees would be perfect for the job. I started by laying out the stamps so I knew where everything would go, and then I stamped in Versafine. I kept stamping and masking to create the scene. Then I coloured the image using my Gansai Tambi watercolours. I wanted to highlight just one of the houses so I coloured the houses in the background in grey to really make the main image pop. I just love all the little "house accessories" in the Houses Extras stamp set - they really complete the scene. I completed the card by stamping a sentient from Fond Expressions 2. There is always something very satisfying about a one layer card!

I'm linking up with the Daring Cardmakers New challenge (two new stamp sets!), House of Cards where the challenge is to add a building and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Chill Out challenge (because home is my favourite place to chill out - with Netflix or in the craft room!).

Card: 300 gsm Daler&Rowney watercolour paper
Stamps: STAMPlorations HousesHouses Extras and Fond Expressions 2
Ink and colouring: Versafine Onyx Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours

STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes. If you have any questions or problems, just let me know!

9 comments:

Svenja said...

Lovely card! (I especially like the greys :-) )

Enfys said...

I love this, especially the unusual colour combo, the grey looks fabulous. Thanks for joining the dare at Daring Cardmakers this week x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really like what you've done with this card! I love how you've made the happy house stand out with the pops or orange against the other gray houses. You have done a remarkable job of creating a whole scene here which is charming. This card made me smile and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

maria f. said...

Awww. Hello pretty little neighborhood. You've even used the post box. Love this.

Ina G said...

Love the little neighbourhood scene you created Karola. Simply fabulous. I also love how you highlighted just the one house and coloured the others grey. I'd love to come visit lol

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karola, this is a great card! Love your use of grey as a dominant colour and bright orange accents. - Sweet Kobylkin

Donna said...

What a sweet scene, glad you joined us at House of Cards! Donna

Suchi said...

Such an adorable card- love the scene you have created!
Hugs
Suchi xx

Christi Conley said...

Adorable card! The pop of color really makes that new house look SO happy! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards ~ Christi DT