Saturday 29 October 2016

You Are Awesome


Are you in full swing autumn mode? I know the blogosphere is full with pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that. It all looks great but I have to admit it's not really my thing. And don't even get me started about Halloween. I guess growing up in a country where we didn't have Halloween means that I don't really connect with all the dressing up and candy collecting. And of course being surrounded by chocolate and candy when trying to avoid sugar is not very nice to be honest. But what we do have back home at the end of October is All Saints' Day. It's a day when families often visit the cemetery to leave flowers or candles on the graves and also light candles in memory of those who have passed. It's time to dig out all those candles which have been put away for the summer. And of course we get the luxury of an extra hour of sleep tonight when the clocks go back which is always lovely although it will be dark so early in the afternoons. I'm not quite sure what I feel about the whole malarkey of changing the clocks. I'm lucky in not really reacting to it much, but I know some people really struggle with it. So whether the benefits really override the trouble it causes I'm not quite sure.

Just a quick morning crafting session this morning - I had to get up early as my back was killing me again. I'm not quite sure what's going on with it but at least it woke me up early so I had time to make a card before I headed off to the gym. It's almost the end of The Hop to Stop but if you are quick you will still be able to manage an entry for a great cause, which is what I'm doing as there is one more day left of the hop. I was inspired by the colours over at ColourQ and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I was also inspired by the theme to make the sentiment your focal point over at Just Us Girls. Last but not least I'm linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is Autumn and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes This Week.



This card was a very quick and easy creation. I started by stamping the gorgeous poppies from STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches in Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. Then I coloured the image using Gansai Tambi watercolours and a really fine brush. I covered the coloured image with a piece of scrap paper and splattered purple watercolour over the background. To create the sentiment I used the CUTplorations Awesome Word die and a stamp from Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic. And that was it - Halloween colours but something completely different.

Card: Daler & Rowney 300 gsm watercolour paper, scraps of black and purple card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches and Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Dies: CUTplorations Awesome Word die


12 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

love the design of the card :) thanks for supporting the hop to stop! creating awareness about domestic violence is such an important issue and very close to my heart

Greta said...

Very artistic & beautiful!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love those pretty poppies. Great CAS card.

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card! Those flowers are beautiful! Love the sentiment too! Such a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous project! love the yellow flowers and the double word is a great idea! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Lin said...

This is a lovely CAS design! You've captured the colors of the season beautifully! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

This is awesome with its bright splash of yellow flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the simplicity of your design and those water colored flowers backing the bold sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Maria said...

This is so pretty! Love those flowers with the sentiment looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Lisa Elton said...

This is artsy and so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, I like the way you used these colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Becca Cruger said...

Those yellow flowers positively glow with the coloring treatment you gave them! Yowza! I hope your back is beginning to feel better. Thank you so much for joining in the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence.