Saturday 13 August 2016

Dare * Shine * Inspire * Sparkle


Long time no craft! To be honest, lately the only time I have managed to spend in the craft room has been to give it a deep clean, which it was in desperate need of. You know the real grown-up type of cleaning where you vacuum behind all the furniture, along the ceiling to remove any cobwebs, dust off the windowsill and all the shelves... In fact, our whole house has been in need of a deep clean which is why there has been no crafting. And we managed to get some DYI done as well - I've been meaning to add some wallpaper in our guest room and finally in preparation for a visit from Best Friend next week we managed to get the wallpaper up. Tomorrow we still need to add some beading to cover up the very ugly edges but other than that I feel like tomorrow I should be able to craft a bit, prepare some food for next week and do a few final small cleaning things. 

In the meanwhile, and also just in case I don't manage to craft tomorrow after all I thought I would show you a card I made a while ago when I was playing with a stencil and some distress inks. I inked through the ARTplorations Art Splatters stencil in Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon and Abandoned Coral distress ink. Then I used an embossing buddy over the front of the card to make sure the embossing powder would only stick where I wanted it to. I stamped the sentiment using STAMPlorations Art Marks and heat embossed in gold.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Masking
One Layer Simplicity Challenge - August Art
Less is More - One Layer
My Time to Craft - Embossing 

Card: 300 gsm white card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Art Marks
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink in Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral, Tsukineko Versamark
Stencil: ARTplorations Art Splatters
Other: gold embossing powder from my stash

9 comments:

Esther said...

Congrats on the wallpaper - hope BF appreciates it! I love your card with those vibrant colours and splat shapes. I think you missed that it's a French theme week at Less is More, but never mind! It's still a fabulous card - thanks for sharing and hope to see you with us again soon :)

Neets B said...

A super striking card and great colours to blend with the gold embossing. As Esther mentioned, our one layer theme at Less is More is 'Something French' which you've obviously missed. However, a great card and thanks for also linking up at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Kathyk said...

Nipped over from LIM to admire your fab card

Kathyk

junemac2 said...

Pretty and colourful card
Hugs June x

Chrissie said...

This is super but as the others have mentioned our one layer theme this week is Something French.... you obviously missed that bit. DO join us again!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Moins est Plus!

Cazro said...

Super cool card. Thanks for playing along with us at MTTC. Caz DT

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely stunning abstract design and lovely color coordinates. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers masking challenge!

Susan Raihala said...

Congratulations on the deep cleaning! We sure can all relate to that and how it takes so much time away from more fun things, like stamping!

Your card is delightfully artistic and perfect for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge. I love how it showcases those important words! Thanks so much for sharing it.

BożenA said...

Great colors. Very beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS. Good luck.
hugs,
BozenA DT HLS