Thursday 7 July 2016

July STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Anything Goes with Orange


Wait, what? How can we be in July when June only started yesterday? I am feeling we are being cheated of half the summer. Anyhow, the good news of course is that it's time for a new CAS challenge over at STAMPlorations. Did you enjoy our week long 3 year Birthday Bonanza? If you want to keep creating, just join us for our CAS challenge. This month our optional colour twist is orange. Note that we have changed the rules a tad - from now on the random drawn prize ($10 gift card to the STAMPlorations store or $15 if using STAMPlorations products on the card) is for participants who use the optional colour twist. But you are also free to link up any non-orange cards, all we ask is that you make it CAS!



I created a truly CAS one layer card. Minimum products and time required. I started by stamping the gorgeous shoes from Shery's fantabulous A Girl and Her Shoes set, leaving room for the sentiment. Then I stamped the sentiment in orange - thinking back it would probably have been easier to stamp the sentiment first, and then fill in with the shoes. Anyhow, I coloured one pair of the shoes with Copics. The orange is pretty much identical to the ink I used for the sentiment, don't you think? I finished by adding some orange Distress Stickles to the shoes and the sentiment. Quick, easy and a fabulous card for a fellow shoe lover!

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Clean and Simple on Sunday - Black, white and one other colour
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - CAS

Card: 300 gsm white smooth card
Stamps: STAMPlorations A Girl and Her Shoes, Art Marks 
Ink and colouring: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Copics
Other: Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Spiced Marmalade 

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super love!! 😍😍

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh those shoes are so cool. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

wienerhoneymooners said...

Thanks for popping by my blog!!!! This is a GREAT design, so FUN too! -So happy to be joining you and the rest of the STAMPlorations team for the JULY CAS -oragne twist challenge!!!

Suchi said...

This card is sooo soo coool!! :)
Suchi xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Fabulous! I love how you colored only one of the shoes in!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and clever idea. Love the spot colouring just on one pair of shoes and loving the sentiment x