Tuesday 17 May 2016

Rainbows and flowers


How is life over there? Here it's not nearly as warm as I would have hoped this time of year, but you win some, you lose some. At least it's warm enough to sleep with the bedroom window open. How wonderful isn't it to sleep and breathe in the fresh air? I feel like I sleep so much better with the window open. And as an added bonus, if you have just changed the sheets and they are lovely and clean and smell of the fabric softener. Bliss!! But before I get to slip in between the sheets, I wanted to show today's crafty creation. 

Nothing like some awesome dies to make for quick crafting - the only way to go these days. I was inspired by the great sketch over at Retro Sketches and the rainbow theme over at Paper Smooches. I also thought to try out for the Paper Smooches guest designer with this card as well as my earlier rainbow card as well. I'm also linking up with CASology where the theme is 

I had a lot of fun inking up some card in all the colours of the rainbow. Then it was just a quick job of die cutting the tab using the Notebook Basic die, heat embossing the sentiment in gold and adding the die cut gold flower. 






Card: 300 gsm textured white card, 300 gsm black card, gold mirri card
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Dies: Paper Smooches Adorable Array, Notebook Basic Die
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Blueprint Sketch, Fossilized Amber, Festive Berries, Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick
Other: Gold embossing powder


1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! I just love those strips of color behind your notebook die! And I agree-- dies make crafting sooooooo much easier! LOL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3