Thursday 3 March 2016

March STAMPlorations CAS challenge - Anything Goes with Yellow


Have you managed to get your head around the fact that it's March already? I haven't, I hardly accepted that it's 2016 yet, not to mention that we are almost a quarter into the year already. Today is the first Thursday of the month, and that is of course the day when we are happy to reveal a new CAS challenge for you to dig your teeth (or maybe stamps and stencils) into on the STAMPlorations website. Thank you to all of you who shared your gorgeous creations with us last month for our Red challenge, it was so hard to pick our favourites. Shery is preparing the winner's post as we speak so make sure you head to the STAMPlorations website in a few days to see if you are one of them!

This month's challenge is Anything Goes with an optional colour twist of Yellow. Perfect for your Easter/Spring themed cards, right? STAMPlorations products are not required for participation, but we always love to see them in your crafty work if you have any. One randomly picked winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the STAMPlorations shop ($15 if using STAMPlorations products), and the DT will also vote on favourites who get to display the top pick badge on their blog! Don't forget that to be eligible for the price we ask you to display the challenge graphic (the thing right below this line of text!) in your blog post and to link back to the CAS challenge page so others can join in the fun too!


For my card I used the Bloom Sketches stamp set. This is the stamp set that made me fall in love with the gorgeous stamps from STAMPlorations and it's one of my most used stamp sets. I started by stamping the flower in Staz-On ink and cover it with a mask. I then decided to add a bit of inking through a stencil as well. Actually two stencils, as I created a rectangle window home-made stencil by die cutting using a rectangular die, and then added that on top of the STAMPlorations Retro Circles stencil before using sponges to ink with Tim Holtz distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron. After removing the masks, I watercoloured the flower with various yellow Distress Inks and added a bit of Vintage Photo to the centre. Last, I stamped one of the sentiments from Bloom Sketches in black. This is all a one-layer card, and I used linen textured card to add a bit of texture and interest to it all. Now it's your turn to show us your creative CAS cards.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
CAS on Sunday - One Layer Wonder
Unicorn Challenge - CAS 
Freshly Brewed Challenges - Spring
Little Red Wagon - Layer of One
The Artistic Stamper - Springtime

Card: 300 gsm white linen textured card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches
Stencil: STAMPlorations Retro Circles  
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Vintage Photo

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

6 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Amazing card! You created so much dimension with all the elements - the stencilled background and the graphic daisy

Linda said...

Beautiful CAS design ..... I love the stenciling in the background xx

Heather said...

Very pretty. I like how you did the background and the flower just pops off the page. Thanks for joining us the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

So simple and so beautiful card ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

Stampsnob. said...

So pretty and spring like TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Barbara Washburn said...

Great example of CAS, something I have a real problem with, ha! Lovely colors. Thanks for sharing at Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT