Friday 4 March 2016

Feathers and a night sky


Finally Friday! I was going to leave work early, and at 3pm I thought I would just quickly update our weekly sheets to have it all done for Monday, and then of course I found an error, and then it was six pm... At least the Friday traffic had eased up a bit by then! So as soon as I came home I headed to the craft room for a bit of snake cuddles followed by crafting. 

Today's card was inspired by the inspiration image over at Pinterest Inspired Challenge and the colours over at Color Throwdown and the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I started by colouring some watercolour paper with my Gansai Tambi's and die cut the sentiment and feathers. I inked up a bit of the Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours Speciality DSP with black distress ink and die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border die. I need to use more black, I love how it sets off the colours. 


Card: 300 gsm textured card, 190 gsm watercolour paper
Ink and colouring: Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours, Tim Holtz Black Soot distress ink
Paper: Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours Speciality DSP
Dies: Stampin' Up Four Feathers, Lawn Fawn Thinking About You border die, Fluffy Cloud border die

3 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely design! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

Dana said...

Fabulous!! I love the stars, the feathers really pop against the black and white!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Pinterest Inspired Challenge!!