Friday 4 December 2015

Simply Stunning


This is the only blog post I have for this weekend as I'm off to enjoy a girl's weekend with my bestest friend in Riga. This week has been absolutely mad at work, and I haven't even looked in the direction of my craft room, not to mention actually crafting. So you will have to make do with a card I made a while ago without actually managing to blog about it.

I can't wait for Christmas, I'm taking a long break. I really need it after the last few months. I really thought that I used to work quite hard back in the days when I was doing my PhD. But these days I have to get into work for 6am just to have a few quiet hours to actually work before all the meeting madness begins. I swear, when this project comes to an end in two years time, I will not get another management level job, I will definitely do something simple. And finally have time to craft!

Anyways, back to today's card. It was something I tried for something, and although I like the look of it, it didn't work for that thing... If that makes sense. I wanted to have a play with my STAMPlorations Retro Circles stencil, so I started by watercolouring some Distress inks in pink and purple through the stencil onto watercolour card that I had cut using a stitched rectangle die. Then I stamped the gorgeous helenium and watercoloured using Distress inks in yellows and oranges. Last, I wanted to do something a bit different with the sentiment, so I stamped it a bit all over the place. For a finishing touch I added a few adhesive gem. 

I would like to link up with the following challenges: 
STAMPlorations - Anything Goes
Craft Rocket Challenges - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Favourite Technique (watercolour)
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes



Card: Vanguard card salmon, 300 gsm watercolour card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Floral Bliss
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany, Spiced Marmalade, Victorian Velvet, Twisted Citron
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die, adhesive gems from my stash, STAMPlorations Retro Circles stencil

5 comments:

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great techniques making a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely CAS card....Thanks for sharing it with us over at Craft Rocket Challenge!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

makememories4life {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

Neets B said...

I like your stencilled background, it looks great behind your bold bloom.
Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful card, this is so gentle looking... super technique!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Happy Little Stampers