Monday 28 December 2015

Birthday card for Grandma


Hi all, did you make it through Christmas all right? I'm feeling very lucky in being able to take time off work, and I'm still at home, enjoying those days when you have managed to get rid of all your guests (as wonderful as they were) and you have the fridge full of leftovers. What else is a girl to do but craft and spend some quality time with the sofa and a good book? And of course hang out with Gary, the new love of my life. He is such a good little chap, and I have to say I really enjoy our time together. He lives right next to my crafting desk, so I feel like I always have company when I craft, even though he mostly likes to keep tucked away in one of his many hides during daytime.



Anyhow, my Grandma is turning 91 soon, which I find is quite a respectable achievement. So I thought it would warrant a very special card. I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I die cut the letters for the words Happy Birthday Grandma in Finnish (how lucky it's much shorter in Finnish than English, otherwise I would have needed a giant card!!). I also die cut the front and middle panels using a stitched rectangle die. Then I stamped the rose from STAMPlorations Blossom Overture and coloured with Copics. I attached the layers, and finished by adding some Ice Stickles.



I would also like to link up with the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle
Allsorts - Anything But Christmas
Inkspirational - Bah Humbug, Anything But Christmas
Card and Scrap - Anything Goes 
Creative Craft Cottage - Add some sparkle

Card: 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Blossom Overture
Dies: Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs, Stitched Rectangle Dies
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark
Inks and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R43, R24, R27, R29, R89, YG11, YG13, YG17
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles

12 comments:

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

What a gorgous card. So sweet. Thanks for joining us at CCC Challenge

hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Craft Cottage
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Bodil said...

Så fint kort :)
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Card and Scrap.

brenda said...

Great card, colours and design .

Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge, Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you again in 2016.

B x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the touch of sparkle on the roses.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

ccheney said...

Beautiful card! Your Grandma will love it. Thank you for joining us at CCC. Cindy DT Creative Craft Cottage

Line said...

Oh, so beautiful.♥
Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.
Hugs Line.

Lisa J said...

So beautiful and elegant, not so sure about the snake though!! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Creative Craft Cottage

Marina said...

Lovely card, great use of the heart paper and I love the sparkle on the roses.Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

cm said...

Two beautiful roses to celebrate your Grandma's 91st birthday which is an amazing milestone! Please wish her Happy Birthday from me, with wishes for many more to come! Hope you're still enjoying some time off work; I bet Gary enjoys your company! Once again, thank you for sharing your artistry at Inkspirational challenges! Lucky me to have the chance for 'second helpings' in seeing your creativity!
~c

inkyfingy said...

What a beautiful little chap Gary is! And your card is lovely, I hope Grandma has a happy day!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!