Sunday 14 June 2015

Castle on a cloud


I really love the new Puffy Cloud dies from Lawn Fawn. It's always so much fun to use new crafty goodies for the first time. There are so many great scenes to create with them, and I knew I had to start with my favourite ever stamp set - Critters Ever After. I have been doing quite a bit of watercolouring lately, so much that I'm almost out of watercolour paper. 

The card was inspired by the gorgeous inspiration image over at Daring Cardmakers. I was inspired by the rainbow colours, the white decorations on the butterflies and by the butterflies themselves as well. I have created the card in the "Simple and Layerd" style. I was also inspired by the Time Out challenge where the challenge is to be inspired by the phrase "Happy is the bride that the sun shines on". My inspiration was the word happy, as a unicorn on a cloud must be the happiest thing in the world. I was also inspired by "sun shines" as the sun is always shining above the clouds. I'm also linking up at Shopping our Stash where the theme is Cute Critter Alert.



I created a watercolour rainbow background using Tim Holtz distress markers and a water brush. I bushed off some colour from the markers onto a clear block, and then used a watercolour brush to create the background. I then spritzed the background with a Perfect Pearl mist for a bit of subtle glitter. I stamped the castle, unicorn and butterflies using Staz-on and coloured using Distress markers in the same way I did for the background. I die cut the castle and unicorn using the matching dies, and fussy cut the butterflies. Then I die cut the clouds and last stamped the sentiment from Scripty Sayings. I just love how many scenes you can create with the gorgeous Lawn Fawn products. 

Card: Hammered white 300 gsm card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After and matching dies, Critters at the Dog Park, Scripty Sayings
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-on Jet Black, Tim Holtz distress markers in Festive Berries, Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves
Other: Puffy Cloud Border dies

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your water colored background is so pretty! Such a lovely scene you have created! Thanks so much for playing along with the Sunday Stamps challenge!

sandie said...

Gorgeous water colour rainbow and soft cloud dies. You have created a wonderful scene. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept and TO

Shona Chambers said...

I'm so jealous of you with your Puffy Cloud dies, I keep seeing them everywhere and they look so gorgeous. You've created such a pretty scene with stunning water colours. Really is a beautiful card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

AB. said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that cloud die and the magical colours that you chose. :)

Donna said...

Ohhhhh I love your unicorn and castle! Fantastic card, the soft colours are so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash for our "Cute Critter Alert" challenge!

Shawna said...

So magical and a lovely card for a little girl.. My girl, who is 9, would prefer to be her but I told her 'Sorry!'. She just loves your card and so do I.

Lynn said...

Oh this makes me think of happily every after! Love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!