Wednesday 6 May 2015

Narwhal at sunset


After doing the art journal thing I kind of stayed in a watercolour frame of mind. And what could be better than the fact that the challenge over at Lawnscaping is Watercolour. I took my Tim Holtz distress inks out and together with the sketch over at STAMPlorations it turned out to be a sunset over the ocean. And as I only have one Lawnfawn stamp with an ocean dwelling creature, it was time for the narwhal to come out. I think he is really enjoying the sunset. I added some Perfect Pearls to the sky, which gives it a lovely shimmer, although it doesn't show very well on the photos. Last I stamped the sentiment from Critters Ever After along with a few stars, and heat embossed everything in silver, in line with the Let's Get Sentimental challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge




Card: Coloured 240 gsm grey kraft card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper, Scraps of Tim Holtz Core'dinations cardstock Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress inks Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmaleade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Rich Razzleberry, Black Soot
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Arctic and matching dies, Critters Ever After
Colouring: Copics C1, C3, C5, E34, E39
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Hillside dies, Perfect Pearls, Dovecraft silver embossing powder

9 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Soooo... I have a confession to make. I own this stamp set, but when I first got it I was asking my friend why they would put a horn on a dolphin for a stamp. I didn't know what a Narwahl was!! haha! Your card is adorable, though and I love the sponged sunset. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations sketch!

Virginia L. said...

Darling design! Love the background that you created! The sentiment is spot on! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

Audrey said...

Such a beautiful watercolored sky!! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Unknown said...

Your background colors are fantastic & love the shimmer to it!

Samantha Mann said...

this card is awesome! i LOOOOOVE that sunset sky! wow! it's so gorgeous! and the narwhal is my favorite ever! ha! beautiful card! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Nonni said...

So cute!! I love the sunset and the whole idea of this card. Great job! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing card! I love the background you made, it is so pretty! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Monika Reeck said...

I adore your background sooooo magnificant
love your image too so cute
and great using the Stamplorations sketch
love your card
thanks for joining us this time
hugs, Monika (GDT)

Wei Wei said...

Wow! Such a darling card. Your watercolor sunset scene is awesome! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.