Thursday 5 February 2015

Make a Wish in Watercolour


The Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After is one of my favourite stamp sets, if not the favourite stamp set ever. It's the first Lawn Fawn set I bough and really sparked my love for their gorgeous stamps and handy matching dies. If I had the money, I would buy every single stamp set they have ever released. 


This card was first and foremost inspired by the lovely video by Nichol on the Lawn Fawn blog about the watercolour look. I have been planning to try it out for quite a while already, but this video finally gave me the kick to actually do it. I was also inspired by the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays which this week is watercolour. The layout of this card was based on the great sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch and several of the great DT cards that used Washi tape to create the background. Finally a good chance to use up my Washi tape, yay!! I am also linking up with the current Lawnscaping challenge (number 99!!!), where the theme is Clean and Simple. Can't wait what they come up with to celebrate the 100th challenge soon... I'm also linking up at Clear It Out where Anything Goes.


I started by cutting out the journaling card form watercolour paper, and stamped the images in Antique Linen. I then painted the image using a watercolour brush and ink from the markers that I scribbled onto my craft mat. For the sentiment I used a scrap of leftover cardstock that I created for another card using Tim Holtz distress paints, stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. Last, I created the background using some craft card and Washi tape.

Card: kraft card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine paper
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, Distress markers
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling die, washi tape from my stash, gold embossing powder 

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the sketch!

Samantha Casey said...

Very cute card! I love the coloring, it is stunning! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Yainea said...

Wow! Love how you used your watercolors, the resukt is simply amazing! Very cute card!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

i'm with the band said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

Such a sweet little image! Thank you for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Monthly Challenge!

Jessica

Michelle said...

Perfect card for any princess! Love the use of washi tape!
Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

Shelly said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!