Thursday 8 January 2015

Rocky and Bullwinkle


I was going to post this yesterday but life interfered. I left work really early to have some crafting time but there was a massive accident on the A14, and I had to make my way home by alternative routes, which of course were totally blocked up. In the end it took me an hour and a half instead of 35 minutes to get home. Sigh. So I didn't quite manage to finish the card yesterday. But it's all done and dusted now, and that's all that matters.

The day after I published my wintery Lawn Fawn card, the Lawnscaping challenge published the inspiration photo below. I immediately wanted to create something similar for the challenge using the photo, so I played some more with the lovely Critters in the Arctic and Joy to the Woods stamp sets. I'm also entering the card over at Daring Cardmakers where the challenge is to be inspired by another card you have made and over at STAMPlorations where the January challenge theme is Stamps and Inks. Last but not least I'm linking up at Love to Create where Anything goes.


I started by stamping and colouring Moose, Squirrel and their Robin friend. I die cut them, and the snowy hills and the journalling card. I used Versamark to ink the snowy hills and added Holographic embossing powder to them. It doesn't show very well on the photo but it's really nice and sparkly. I stamped snowflakes onto the background using Versamark and embossed them using holographic embossing powder, before inking with distress ink. For the background, I used the hardwood stamp and then embossed the sentiment in white.

Card: Hobbycraft 160 gsm cream card, kraft card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Arctic, Stampin' Up Hardwood
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders, Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Arctic, Stitched Journaling Card
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress inks Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Dusty Concord, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
Colouring: Copics E09, E29, E34, E39, R24, R46
Other: Papermania Holographic embossing powder

6 comments:

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I love the little scene that you created. The coloring and shading are awesome. Thank you for playing along with the Lawnscaping challenge.

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing card! I love the winter scene you made, and the coloring is stunning! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Christiana said...

Rocky and Bullwinkle! How clever. You colored them so beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute! I love that moose! Thanks joining in at STAMPlorations~

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So CUTE and FUN - Love your coloring and design!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin Ã…kesdotter

Becca Cruger said...

This is so adorable! Loving all the glitter and shimmer. You've reminded me to pull out this adorable set.