Thursday 15 January 2015

More Unused Schtuff!!


I got my monthly fix of Stampin' Up stuff in the mail today, and there is so much new goodies that I don't even know where to start. I was supposed to clean the kitchen today when I got home from work. I'm sure the mess will still be there tomorrow...

So what is my new stuff all about then? I immediately fell in love with the new Bow Builder punch. Those little bows are just soooo adorable. And easy to put together! 

I also love the Irresistibly Yours DSP. I can't be the only one who never has the right colour DSP. No matter how many packs you buy, you never have a colour combo you would need. I guess it's the same evil force at work that causes the "I have nothing to wear" phenomenon, which strikes me so often. Again, I can't be the only one, right? Anyhow, this new genius DSP is white with some resist patterns on it, so you can colour it, ink it, spritz it or whatever else you can come up with to create a custom colour DSP. The pack comes with several different patterns. You can't buy it, you can only get it as a free Sale-a-bration gift when you order. How cunning of Stampin' Up!!! I will have to stock up on this jewel, so I might just "have" to make another order soon... 

And can I just mention the new Hello You dies? I love them so much. I have wanted to get on the "word die" bandwagon for a while as I love the creations I see out in cyberspace and now I can finally join in on the fun.

This card came together really quickly, all I needed to do was colour the DSP, quickly punch and assemble to bow and die cut the "Happy". The Birthday part is heat embossed in white, and to finish off I added two Candy Dots. The card was inspired by the colour combo over at ShowCASe Your Style. I was also inspired by the theme over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is "It's a Guy Thing". I think this would make a great birthday card for that special guy in your life. I am also entering the card in Darnell's NBUS challenge and Addicted to Stamps where the theme is "make your mark" and I coloured the background DSP with markers.


Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Black card
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark
Colouring: Stampin' Write markers Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party
Paper: Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours
Other: Bow Builder Punch, Hello You Thinlits, Candy Dots Subtles, Papermania Seafoam White Embossing powder

8 comments:

Julie B said...

This looks a great way to make matching DPs, Why just give it as free gift, perhaps they will release it in the next catalogue.
Fab card by the way and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

*Vicki* said...

Really clever idea to color with markers for the paper!! Great way to match up the colors you want! :) Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Tanja said...

what a great masculine birthday card - I am so glad you could join us at ATSM

Sue said...

Love how you made your DP, great idea! That bow die looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Darnell said...

Squee! OMG, I just ordered that schtuff as my free gift and now I can NOT wait until it comes! It sounded like it would do what you said in the ad, but really, I wasn't for sure. They should have made it sound as good and clear as you just did! Of course, it helps that you used my favorite color combo on the planet! And I have a bow and hello dies from other companies, so I can totally CASE your design! Thank you, Pink! And thank you for linking again to my NBUS Challenge #3! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Wei Wei said...

Wow, Love your smart idea and give me a great inspiration! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

cm said...

Such a pretty, eye-catching card! You've *made your mark* in a most unique way! Thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
~c

cheiron said...

Perfect guy card colors! Thanks for joining us in the It's a Guy Thing Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)