Wednesday 31 December 2014

Out with the old and in with the new

So here we are, on the verge of having to learn to write 2015 instead of 2014. In my job, I book our study participants in a month or two in advance, and during November and December I kept booking them in our calendar in January and February 2014. Fail! Hopefully, when I go back to work in a few days I will get it right.

I don't believe in making New Years resolutions anymore. They tend to fail anyhow. But I will make a New Years wish. The same wish I made last year, which didn't quite come true. I'm wishing for smooth sailing and no big changes. We would love a year of keeping our jobs, being healthy, working in our garden and doing some crafting. I hope it's not a bad omen that I am greeting 2015 while having caught yet another cold. 

As so many others, I will look back on 2014 by picking my favourite card and showing the most viewed card of the month. Ok, so without further ado, 2014 in cards. Clicking the card will take you to that blog post. I hope you all have a wonderful 2015 with lots of good things on the way, and please pop by here from time to time!!

January (most viewed is also my favourite), it was a birthday card for a friend:
February (again most viewed is also my favourite), this was my Valentine's card for my sister:
March, the time tag that got a shoutout at Simon Says Stamp is one of my most viewed posts ever:
Most viewed.
My favourite.
April was not my best month...
Most viewed.
My favourite.
May:
My favourite.
June, I think June might have been my best "card month", with several cards I liked which is rather unusual
Most viewed.
My favourite.
July, I cannot understand why the most viewed card had so many views as I think it's quite ugly, but hey ho, I'm not complaining: 
Most viewed.
My favourite. This was a guest DT assignment for the
Snarky Sisters, and it reads "You are awesome and
wonderful" when you open it completely.
August, the month of my most viewed card on the whole blog:
This is my most viewed card ever. It was
a Mojo Monday winner (random draw).
My favourite, I really love the woodgrain white embossing.
September:
Most viewed.
My favourite. Fussy cutting those flowers will possibly
remain the most annoying thing I have ever done.
October. In October I posted a card every single day of the month, something I doubt will ever happen again:
Most viewed.
My favourite. I'm a huge fan of Lawn Fawn.
November:
Most viewed.
My favourite. This was a get well soon
card for my Mum after her surgery.
December. Although I was planning to finish most of my Christmas cards in good time, December was rather Christmas-card heavy:
Most viewed.
My favourite.
I'm really looking forward to another year of cardmaking, and hopefully next year's lineup will be more impressive than this one. I will link up this post at Mynn's linky party and Debby's favourites.







4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is a stunning series of creations, a true showcase of your wonderful creative talent. Its hard to pick a favourite. Thank you so much for sharing them with your bloggy friends.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mynn xx said...

These are all so pretty, girl! I LOVE that you showed the most viewed along with your faves--I will have to remember that for next year! I think my faves are the one that says "You're Awful" until you open it up and the deer silhouette Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with me! HUGS and happy new year! :) Mynn xx

Taunya Butler said...

I think you are an amazing stamper and I love how you can do both cutesy and chic and classy - that takes talent!! You just have such a style about your cards and I find it intriguing that the most viewed is not usually your favorite!! That happens a lot to me as well - some posts get so much attention while my favorite ones do not!! Oh well!! I am really super impressed with you and your range of talent and skills!!! Good for you!!

debby4000 said...

Your favourite creations are gorgeous
Thank you for joining my Favourite Five of 2014.
luv
Debby