Thursday 11 December 2014

Brown and turquoise moose


Today's card is inspired by the lovely image over at House of Cards. I knew exactly in my head what card I wanted to do. I know I have a reindeer stamp, it came free with a crafting magazine and I have made cards with it here. But despite turning my crafting room upside down, I just couldn't find it. So I had to rethink my plan. And as I have lately, I just gravitated towards the cute little Lawn Fawn critters once again. I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) this sketch, although I took some liberties in the interpretation of the sketch. I'm also entering the card over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Bling it On.







I embossed the card and added ice stickles to the swirls. I used two star dies to cut the star shaped frame. I stamped the cuuuuute moose and Coloured him with Copics and used the matching die. Last I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip and cut the banner ends. I also stamped inside the card.


Card: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Arctic and matching dies, Joy to the Woods
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Copics E29, E34, E39, Stampin' Write markers Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles Mint Ice, Xcut star dies

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love how you were inspired by that photo and your take on the sketch!

Mynn xx said...

This is totally darling! I LOVE the shine and embossing! The image is fabulous, too! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Hannelie said...

The turquoise accent is fabulous!
Great to see you at CTS this week!

Tammy said...

This is so cute, I love that reindeer!! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC this month!
Tammy x

sue t. said...

OMG- Love the little cap on the moose's head! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards!