Friday 14 November 2014

Retro rubber challenge and fusion

 

You will have to excuse me for publishing my Saturday blog post a few hours early to make a challenge deadline.

There is a new challenge blog on the block. It's called Retro Rubber Challenge and I happened upon it on one of the blogs I follow. I love the idea, it's all about using those old stamps you have. The first ever Retro Rubber challenge is to use your oldest stamp. I think one thing I can say is that I hardly use my oldest stamps as I used to buy quite cheap clear stamps. After some research into the subject, I started buying better quality stamps so I hardly use the old ones as they don't stamp nearly as well. But it's nice to go back to those old stamps from time to time, as they deserve some love too.

The stamp I have used for the background of this card is one of the first stamps I ever bought, I can't exactly remember which one was the first but this, along with a butterfly stamp was most certainly among the first ones.

The other inspiration for my card was the Fusion challenge, and the patterns on the cake reminded me of the patterns on my background stamp. I thought I would go monochromatic, inspired by the challenge pic. I used the sketch from the current Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.





Card: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: Hobbycraft A6 Swirl Background Clear stamp, Stampin' Up Flower Shop and Petite Petals, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink
Other: Stampin' Up Pansy and Petite Petals punch, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, Ranger Extra fine clear embossing powder, Papermania adhesive gems

 

10 comments:

Neva Cole said...

Lovely card and great use of both your Retro Rubber and Fusion challenge. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber and please come play again!

Jane Knudsen said...

Oh, this card is so very elegant! The colors, the embossing - so regal! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber! We appreciate it!

Debbie Mageed said...

I love background stamps and this one definitely takes your card to a new level with the white embossing. I am so happy that you brought it out to play again with the first Retro Rubber Challenge! We hope you will play again soon!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing on the vellum. Thanks for joining the very first Retro Rubber challenge. Hope to see you play often!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh laa laa! I love the card from head to toe (the layout, the colors and patterns, and the vellum technique). Thank you for linking up with us at Retro Rubber. I hope you'll keep playing.

Christine Traversa said...

really fun!

Julia Aston said...

That background stamp DOES look very much like the design on the Fusion cake - Love how you sponged the panel to get the ombre look - thank you so much for joining in the Fusion Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE the embossed Vellum!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION! Love it when you do!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

beautiful, love the gloss! Fabulous! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

Deepti said...

The embossing resist looks terrific :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!