Saturday 8 November 2014

Diamond sparkle snowflake


I really should get a snowflake stamp set with matching dies. Fussy cutting these snowflakes are a p-a-i-n! But I feel this time it was worth the trouble. 

This card is inspired by the great sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. It's also inspired by The Friday Mashup where the challenge is to use the Diamond Dust Technique and the colours Island Indigo, Garden Green & Rich Razzleberry (or similar colours). I'm also linking up at Craft Your Passion where the theme is Bright and Sparkly and the new STAMPlorations November challenge where the theme is stamping and layers. I would also like to enter Completely Christmas where the theme is Anything goes with a twist... Add Blue and Sweet Stampin' Christmas where the theme is Snowflakes for a few more days.

I stamped the snowflakes in Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz to create the background. I stamped and fussy cut three snowflakes in Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry. Then I stamped the snowflakes all over with Versamark, and heat embossed with sparkling embossing powder. I assembled the snowflake using foam pads to give it some dimension. I love the subtle sparkle from the embossing powder. I stamped the greeting in Rich Razzleberry and tied a bow using purple ribbon. Last I matted everything onto Marina Mist cardstock and attached to white card.

The glitter embossing powder gives a nice subtle shine.

Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Marina mist card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Penny Black All is Bright, Papermania Urban Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Word Banner
Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Tsukineko Versamark
Other: Papermania Holographic glitter embossing powder, purple ribbon from my stash

10 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a fun Christmas card! I love using the Diamond Dust technique on snowflakes. Wow! I can't believe you did all that fussy cutting, and you did some REALLY fussy cutting! :) Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you are an expert at fussy cutting! Beautiful result! Love that extra sparkle too! Pretty holiday card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Tracey T said...

Love the colours you have chosen here. Like the others, I think your fussy cutting is amazing - you must have a steady hand and lots of patience! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Jen Mitchell said...

Well you definitely get the prize for fussy cutting! Wow, I can't believe how great these snowflakes look! I love that they have a bit of sparkle too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! I love the multi-layered/multi-coloured snowflake you've created - it's such a standout! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Lovely sparkle and vibrant colours on these gorgeous snowflakes. The dimension achieved with the fussy cutting is awesome. Thanks for joining our Bright and Sparkly Challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

Lisa said...

Fantastic job with the colors and the technique, this is a lovely Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, I am really impressed with your fussy cutting! What a great use of the FMS sketch. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing fuzzy cutting! Those snowflakes are gorgeous! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Nonni said...

Wow, great job with fuzzy cutting! Your card is very beautiful. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!