Thursday 13 November 2014

Birthday flowers


Between working, sleeping, gym, food blog and card blog, I don't seem to be able to keep up all five. Work and sleep are the two I can't give up, the first one for purely financial reasons, and the second one to maintain my sanity. I haven't been to the gym in ages, so both my blogs were doing great. Now I'm trying to get back to the gym, and the card blog has been suffering. I'll try to keep balancing it all and today there was some time for a bit of crafting. Tomorrow it's back to the gym again. 

Today's card was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketch and Colour Throwdown. I'm also entering the card at Addicted to Stamps where Anything goes and Crafty Creations Challenge where the recipe of the week is at least 3 layers, 2 DSPs and one image. I used the Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope hostess set and coloured it with Copics. 



Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Island Indigo card
Stamp: Stampin' Up Bloom with Hope
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Copics E39, Y19, YR04
Paper: Stampin' Up Birds of a Feather, Sycamore Street
Other: Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper twine, Stampin' Up Sycamore Street designer buttons, Stampin' Up Basic pearls 



7 comments:

Broni said...

Great card! I totally understand trying to balance all the different aspects of your life. Setting priorities is my problem...I think I should be able to do it all. It's not possible!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

Julie B said...

Love the colours of this card, so difficult to do everything we want sometimes.
Anyway well done on the card and cheers for sharing with us at ATSM this week.:)

Vickie Z said...

Lovely flowers and papers!! Wonderful use of the sketch and colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Cindy Hall said...

Perfect execution of combining the two challenges! Your choice of papers and stamps are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Joan Ervin said...

I just love how you used the CTD colors and what a great take on the sketch!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Neets B said...

I know how you feel, life sometimes gets in the way and something has to give. I love your card, great combo of the colours and the sketch. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

Tenia Nelson said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!