Monday 1 September 2014

Reindeer greetings




The October issue of Cardmaking&Papercraft magazine arrived the other day with some very Christmas-y freebies. I used the reindeer stamp and paper to create these quick Christmas cards to add to the growing pile. I am determined to have my Christmas cards finished before December, so that I can spend December creating gift tags instead. I have been thinking whether a better strategy for creating Christmas cards would be to just settle on one design and send the same card out to everyone. Now, as I create mostly different cards, I won't remember who got baubles and who got reindeers and who got snowflakes, and therefore risk sending similar cards again next Christmas. It would be a bit too boring though to make them all the same, I don't think I would enjoy that too much. 


This card was very simple to put together, a bit of Chipped Sapphire distress ink, clear embossing powder and a bit of bling for that finishing touch. I seem to be doing all my sentiments on vellum these days. Well, if it works it works. I also stamped a greeting inside the card. 

I'm entering this in The Weekly Christmas card challenge where anything goes this week as well as the ABC Christmas Challenge where Q is for Quick and Easy.


Cardstock: Coloured kraft 240 gsm Navy, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Paper: Christmas DSP set from Cardmaking & Papercraft October issue
Stamps: Christmas stamp set from Cardmaking & Papercraft October issue, Papermania 12 Days of Christmas Word banners
Ink: Tim Holtz distress ink Chipped Sapphire
Other: Ranger super fine detail clear embossing powder, Stampin' Up basic adhesive gems

1 comment:

Dorte said...

Lovely Christmas card in blue and white.
Thanks for joining our Q challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you again soon,
Dorte x