Wednesday 24 September 2014

Pink peonies


When I saw the gorgeous inspiration image over at Just Add Ink I knew exactly which stamp I was going to use. Then I realised I actually don't have the stamp, I have just seen it so much around that my brain somehow thought I had it. Signs of early onset dementia? On to plan B: Googling "fee digi stamps peony". And to my big surprise, I found a wonderful stamp over at a blog called Tidbits Trinkets. Based on a very quick browse it seems like a great place for free digis. And while I was there, I happened upon a link for this site which has oodles of free vintage images, if you are into that sort of thing. I also found this site, which has lots of links to free digis. I haven't checked it out in detail, so don't know if the links truly work etc. but I thought I would mention it if it was useful for someone (and so that I could refer back here myself the next time I was looking for the site...). Who knew there was so much free stuff out there!



I used my Sharpies to colour the peonies. They don't blend as well as Copics, but I only have a limited colour selection of Copics. I definitely wanted a bright fuchsia colour for the peonies, so I used my glorious 80's Glam Sharpies. I think the colours are just stunning, even if you can't say the same about the colouring... After colouring and fussy cutting three of the peonies, I have forever sworn off from using this digi stamp again. My neck and shoulders were sore from sitting for hours perched over my desk, and although fussy cutting is always fussy, this was fussy to the n-th degree. But it was worth it in the end, I'm happy with how the card turned out. Funnily enough the theme for this week's Love to Create is fussy cutting, so I had to enter the card there. For obvious reasons I decided not to put another peony inside the card, although who knows maybe I get inspired some other day to do one more and put it inside the card. 

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm smooth white card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card Pink Raspberry, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamp: Free digi stamp, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay
Colouring: 80's Glam Sharpies

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Great use of the inspiration, those flowers are so pretty and vibrant! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

You captured the detail and the bright intensity of the colours beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

Wow - I can't believe you coloured those blooms with Sharpies! Contrary to what you think, they look FABULOUS. I did giggle about your colouring 'experience', though. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week; your card is great! :)

Tina said...

Wow! All the effort put into this card was worth it, as it looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the bright cheerful colors ... Thank you for joining our "Fussy Cutting" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner