Sunday 21 September 2014

Be grateful and smile



And so it's Sunday morning again, and half of the precious weekend is already gone. I didn't do anything but craft yesterday. No cleaning, no cooking... Oh well, it could be worse I guess. 

I made this card as a little reminder to myself. I have been feeling a bit blue lately, it's probably the change in the weather and the end of summer. But it's good to remind yourself that all in all, things aren't too bad. I thought I would make it a bit luxurious with some gold cardstock and gold heat embossing. I used the Stampin' Royalty sketch for inspiration. 

Just as a tip if you are like me and want to be very frugal with your cardstock. I wanted to use my god cardstock in a sensible way as I only had one sheet of it. So The smaller golden panel in the middle is actually cut out from the big one in the background as that one only needs to show the little narrow edge leaving the whole inside wasted in my opinion. So I just market the outline of the black back panel onto the large golden panel, left some extra to attach the black panel to and cut out the rest for the middle panel, trimming the edges after cutting it out and using it for the middle panel. I then punched out the flower from the middle of the middle panel. Hope that makes sense, I think it's a good way of saving on cardstock.



Card: Craft UK kraft card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card black, gold card from my stash
Stamps: Penny Black Life's Messages
Ink: Hobbycraft gold pigment ink
Paper: Kaisercraft 6" paper pad Christmas Collections (free with a crafting magazine sometime last year)
Other: Stampin' Up Petite Petals punch, basic pearls coloured with a Sharpie, Papermania Enchanted Gold embossing powder

No comments: