Monday 8 September 2014

Almost black and white


The inspiration for today's card is the Stampin' Royalty challenge where the theme is "Black and white with a pop of colour". I was also inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I didn't want the card to have the air of a condolence card, which is what black and white easily make me think of, so I added the whole rainbow to bring some Birthday Cheer to this simple and elegant card. 


I stamped the En Français background stamp in Versamark onto black cardstock and heat embossed with white powder. I used Tim Holtz distress inks and a foam applicator onto white cardstock to create the rainbow banner. I love the way the colours blend into each other. The flower was heat embossed using white powder onto vellum with a pearl as the final touch. I also added a white ribbon with a slightly wonky bow. One day I will learn to tie pretty bows...

Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm smooth white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in black, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm Premium Vellum
Stamps: Stampin' Up En Français, Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Petite Pretties
Inks: Tsukineko Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Spiced Marmelade
Other: Stampin' Up Basic Pearls, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, white ribbon from my stash

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful! Great take on the sketch!