Monday 25 August 2014

Petal Parade inspiration


I'm cutting it very close to the deadline of the two challenges I'm participating in today. But I couldn't miss this week's ColourQ challenge, the colour combo is spectacular. And when I saw the inspiration photo, I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use. This card takes me right back to the heart of making your own cards - stamping! I just love stamping away and this set is perfect for making your own stamped backgrounds. Who needs designer paper when you can make your own so easily, and having so much fun in the process! I also loved the sketch this week over at the Pink Elephant challenge, and thought it would be perfect for displaying my hand-stamped background (although this sketch would also be perfect to get rid of a few of those hoarded scraps of designer paper as well). I guess it doesn't get said enough, but I am so grateful to all the people working so hard to provide us crafters with inspiring challenges every week, and who go through all that effort to come and comment on each and every one of our creations, spreading joy and encouragement to blogs like mine which otherwise might go completely unnoticed in the great vast infinity that is the Interwebs.

I also stamped inside the card and on the envelope.
Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm smooth white card, Stampin' Up Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Petal Parade and Yippee-Skippee
Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder
Other: Stampin' Up Scalloped Tag Topper punch, ribbon and twine from my stash

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card! I love the way you blended all the colours for the colour challenge. Petal Parade was one of my favourite stamps this past year.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just lovely and I like the sweet gingham ribbon on your tag! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!