Wednesday 30 July 2014

Wedding card version 2


I've used this idea for a wedding card before (I originally found the inspiration on Pinterest), but I tweaked it a bit this time around. You can see the previous cards here. This time I used a pearlescent grey cardstock instead of a black one, and made a tie for the groom. And yes, that is indeed a full Windsor knot, thank you for noticing the detail! I embossed the sentiment in silver, I think it's a great sentiment for a wedding card. I printed the inside of the card using a freely downloadable font called Jane Austen (I adore the font, it's just what I have been looking for!) and stamped a banner with the word love as well as small hearts in silver ink. It's still a very simple card, but I think I prefer this silvery grey version to the original. The greeting is just saying "Congratulations to the newlyweds" in Swedish, nothing more cryptic than that.

I am entering the card in this week's Shopping Our Stash where the theme is Triple Threat, i.e. use at least three out of: ribbon, flowers, lace, pearls, sprays/mists, punched or die cut elements, rhinestones, doilies, dry embossing or scoring. I have used rhinestones, ribbon, dry embossing and well, there are flowers on the embossing pattern so I think might just about make it too. Everything out of my stash, nothing new for this one. Scraps of paper for the white bits, a leftover bit of ribbon, a scrap piece of vellum and I have to admit, I have never used this specific embossing folder before so I'm glad it finally got to do what it was designed to do. I'm also entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes this week.

Card: Pearlescent silver card I bought from eBay that has no brand, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: Stampin' Up Yippee-Skippee, Stampin' Up Banner Blast for the inside of the card
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Hobbycraft silver pigment ink
Other: Indentz embossing folder, Papermania adhesive gems Capsule Heather, ribbon from my stash, Papermania silver embossing powder

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

GREAT job on the embossing and use of images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Karen Petitt said...

Hello! Gorgeous card - really clever use of the embossing folder with that beautiful wedding dress - love it!
Just wanted to pop on over and say thank you for the very lovely comment you left on my watercoloured card - so very honoured by your lovely comments and it seems that everyone thinks I should start following my own path of creativity rather than worrying about what others have said.
Thank you very much huni - I hope you have a lovely week! Karen xx @ http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

Donna said...

Fab wedding card! Love the embossing on the wedding dress! Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for the "Triple Threat" challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! And a full Windsor knot - with teensy ribbon! That is an incredibly perfect detail. That sentiment is fabulous for a wedding card too - thank you SO much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash :)

lauren bergold said...

love that gorgeous dress and how cool that the inside is equally lovely! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)