Sunday 20 July 2014

Petite Petals graduation card


This is the second-to-last in the bunch of graduation cards I have made for my Sister's friends. It seems like ages ago when I started with the first one, and still I was struggling to get them all done in time. It's been a challenge to come up with something individual and unique for each of the new doctors, but I've had a great time creating. 

This card came together easily using the Stampin' Up Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch. It's so fun to stamp and punch the flowers, I could make oodles of cards like this. I also added some splatter using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (which seems to feature on about 90% of all my cards, but what can you do, if it ain't broken don't fix it). I die cut the letters and put everything together with a few adhesive gems for a bit of bling. I stamped a row of flowers inside the card and on the envelope as well.

I'm entering this card in Addicted to CAS which this week is about "Celebrate". If graduating as a Medical Doctor is not a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is. I'm also entering this week's Addicted to Stamps and more where the theme is CAS. I also had to enter the Shopping our Stash challenge as the theme was to use something you can't put away, and these two stamp sets definitely have seen their fair share of use in my craft room. 




Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm Smooth White Card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
Stamps: Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Petals
Inks: Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, Wisteria Wonder
Other: Stampin' Up Jewels Basic Rhinestones, Petite Petals punch, Tim Holtz Alterations Inside Out alphabet die

6 comments:

cm said...

What a lovely card to celebrate a new doctor's journey into, and through, med school. Certainly an accomplishment, and one you've acknowledged most beautifully with the pretty flowers and personalized touch. This will bring a mega-watt smile to Dr. Wallis' face for sure! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Carole said...

such a lovely design

Wei Wei said...

Wow~ this card is so pretty! I love the color and the design. Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! this really is fab and YES, graduation of a medical doctor is beyond awesome, i love that the new title is on the card itself! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Deepti said...

Way to celebrate the new medical journey :) love those flowers ! Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome reason to celebrate -- I like you personalized this too. Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!