Friday 11 July 2014

HB2U


The inspiration today comes from this week's The Card Concept which is a colour challenge. I also decided to challenge myself to use the party hat stamp from the Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint set. I can't decide if I like the stamp or not, and I couldn't come up with a way to use it.

I was inspired by the black wall and the black and white pillow to do a faux chalkboard effect card. Working in the red was easy, but I had no idea how I could work in a sentiment and the teal colour. But I was inspired by looking at the shiny teal coloured cup on the nightstand and decided to create my own very sparkly and shiny sentiment. I don't get my Stickles out nearly enough so I'm always so happy when I figure out a way to use them.


The Card Concept has six different "styles" to create cards and I think this card would be Clean & Graphic.

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Pillar Box Red and Black, scraps of Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay
Ink: Stampin' Up Whisper White pigment ink
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Birthday Blueprint
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Inside Out alphabet die, Rangers Ice Stickles in Mint Ice


3 comments:

Geri said...

WOW! I love, love, love how you drew inspiration from the different elements in the photo. In fact, I hadn't even noticed the shiny teal colored cup until I read your post!

I can see where this could be a somewhat tricky Tim Holtz image but in my opinion, you nailed it! Great job incorporating a sentiment - the HB2U really 'works' with the stamp! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Kerin said...

Wow thanks for the close up, I didn't even see the sparkles and they really put this card over the top! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love, love what you did with this stamp! I think I agree, CAG style :)
Great sparkles too!