Sunday 27 July 2014

Back in the saddle again



It's been a whole week since I've had time to play in the InvisiblePinkCraftRoom. Last Monday I was enjoying Sis' graduation and after that me, my Sis and the Culinary Consultant have taken the Parental Unit for a week of sightseeing of Yorkshire, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire with a quick stop in Lincolnshire as well, clocking over 900 miles on the car.

So today we dropped the Parental Unit off at the airport, and after a bit of tidying up and loads of laundry (which dried in less than two hours thanks to the amazing weather we have been enjoying) I galloped my way to the craft room. It always takes a bit of browsing to get the good ol' Mojo going again, so I browsed my favourite craft challenges for inspiration. As I've probably trawled through half of this world's challenge blogs, it's not a coincidence that my little card is inspired by a record number of challenges. I'm entering the card in the following challenges

Addicted to Stamps and more - I was inspired by the purple and the basket of flowers


Addicted to CAS - the theme is Celebrate and I think it's always a good idea to have cards that you can use for different occasions when they come up, this would be perfect for a birthday but also for other reasons to celebrate. I love the Paper Smooches "Celebrate" sentiment stamp, the font is perfect and it's just the right size for almost any card
Color Throwdown - the colours for this card are from this challenge: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry


Freshly Made Sketches (see sketch below) - this is my inspiration for the layout of the card
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Emboss it


Craft Hoarders Anonymous - "Who's the Boss" i.e. embossing 

The two embossing challenges helped me come up with the background to the card, as I'm a bit of a CAS-o-phobe, and embossing on a white background leaves plenty of white space without seeming too "empty".

And last but not least, I'm also entering the card into Less is more where the theme is anything goes. Wow, it's going to take me the rest of the night to link up to all the challenge blogs... but boy does it feel good to be back in the Craft Room again!



I coloured the flower using markers and popped up the different layers using foam dots. I embossed the background and added some gems to the flowers. I heat embossed the sentiment in white to make it pop from the Bermuda Bay banner. Finally I added some stickles to the flower for a bit of extra dazzle.



Cardstock: Leonardo Workshop 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, scraps of Stampin' Up card in Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry
Stamps: Hero Arts Layered Flowers, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark, Stampin' Write markers in Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry
Other: Daisy Chain Embossing folder (free with the May issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft), Papermania Seafoam white embossing powder, Papermania adhesive gems Capsule Sunshine, Tim Holtz distress stickles Mustard seed 

19 comments:

Glenda said...

Very pretty card! Love the embossing and the flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Neets B said...

I love how the bloom echoes the pretty background of embossed daisies. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, hope to see you again, Anita x

Neets B said...

I love how the bloom echoes the pretty background of embossed daisies. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, hope to see you again, Anita x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful Celebration card - the Daisy embossing is a perfect background for the colourful flower. Thank you so much for sharing with us at ATCAS - Sylvia.

Sid said...

A wonderful card, love your vibrant colours and simple but very effective design !!

Karren said...

This is such a beautiful and vibrant card, perfectly moderated by the white space! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lori said...

Great design! Love the fabulous layered flower against the embossed background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card! I love your daisy with the beautiful embossed background and the banners are such a great detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

1CardCreator said...

What a bright fun card! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful embossing and colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Anne said...

Super card but unfortunately not eligible for LIM where it your card can only be combined with a max. of 4 other challenges
Do please join us again!

Anne
Less is More Designer

Katie Melhus said...

This is so fun! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Loll said...

Beautiful card! Love the purple flower with the added sparkle and layers. Fabulous embossed background ... the little gems add more sparkle! :) Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS and ATS&M.

Anonymous said...

I do like your combination of colours, one I must remember. Love the flower and pretty embossing, great combination. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card and I love the gorgeous flower so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
This is a fab card, but just slightly over the limit for challenge link-ups for us at LIM, where we have a max of five allowed!
Do join us again!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gloria Stengel said...

That flower just pops! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super cute flower! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Debbie Seyer said...

Love your flower! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!