Tuesday 6 May 2014

Birthday present bag and card


I'm going for a birthday celebration tomorrow, and wanted to make a customised gift bag and matching card for the present. I got my inspiration from the beautiful pastel yellows, greens and pink/coral of the chocolate box I bought as a present. 


The inspirational colour combo
For the card, I used the colour combo from the chocolate box and I stole the idea for the card from my guest stamper, my Sis. She made the awesome green and pink birthday card you can see below, and I used the green hardwood background as an inspiration for my card. I added the same Petite Petals flowers I used for the bag and added a birthday sentiment in bright yellow. It was so much fun stamping with my sis. She got very creative and also made some artwork for her home.


Birthday Card made by Sis that I used for inspiration.
My Sis got inspired by stamping and made this scrapbook page.

To create my bag I measured the chocolate box and calculated the size of the gift bag that would be needed. I ended up using a 10x12 in piece of DSP, and used the remaining 2 in piece to create the tags for the ribbon. I scored the DSP at 1.5 and 8.5 in in the longer direction and at 5 1/4 and 6 3/4 in in the shorter direction (see sketch below). Then just cut as indicated, fold and put some double sided adhesive on the small squares and one of the long side "flaps" on both sides and assemble. I got the idea for this bag from the Pootles blog, which has a video showing how to assemble the bag (although it's a different size to mine), check it out. I then inked the edges of the bag with Daffodil Delight ink and a foam applicator and created 2 tags with the scalloped tag punch. I inked the edges of the tags as well and attached the ribbon to the back of one of the tags. I then attached the tags to the gift bag. To finish off the bag, I stamped four flowers in Pistachio Pudding using the Petite Petals matching stamp set and punch, curled the leaves of the flowers and attached adhesive gems. 






For the card, I stamped the hardwood stamp in Pistachio Pudding onto white cardstock. I also stamped the birthday sentiment from See Ya Later in Daffodil Delight and cut out in the shape of a banner. I used the same ink and a foam applicator to ink the edges of the banner. I stamped flowers in Daffodil Delight and Crisp Cantaloupe I attached everything into place and matted onto Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. 



The theme of this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Five. I'm entering my card with five flowers. I'm also entering this card as my second contribution to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Anything goes" (my first contribution is here).

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card, Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Paper: Stampin' Up Sycamore Street DSP
Inks: Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight and Pistachio Pudding
Stamps: Stampin' Up Hardwood, Petite Petals and See Ya Later 
Other: Green Ribbon from my stash, Stampin' Up Petite Petals Punch, Papercraft adhesive gems in Capsule Verde

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards! The 5 little blossoms look fabulous! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Laura Sterckx said...

These cards are so pretty. I love their colors and designs. :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)