Thursday 10 April 2014

Easter chicks with owl punch

There's plenty of challenges this week that are more or less Easter Themed. And what better theme than to celebrate the approach of the Chocolate Egg holiday! I wanted to share one of my Easter projects, and enter it into a few challenges. And I loved all the inspiration from the design teams, I just love browsing these blogs and admiring the amazing creativity that is out there. The theme of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is Happy Easter and/or Sweet treats. I would say this card has both, as to me it's clear the eggs on the designer paper are chocolate eggs... The theme for the Make My Monday challenge is Easter card or creation. And finally, the Stampin' Royalty challenge this week is a picture inspiration challenge using the picture below. Inspiring me both with the egg theme as well as the bright colours which are reflected in the designer paper I was using.


I just love the Stampin' Up owl punch, and have made several projects with it in the past. This time I turned the cute little owls into Easter chicks. I punched the chicks in Hobbycraft three shades of yellow cardstock and inked around the edges with Mustard Seed distress ink. I painted the feet and the beak using 80's glam Sharpies. The papers are from the Stampin' Up Birds of a Feather DSP and the background stamp is the lovely new Hardwood stamp, which is quickly becoming my favourite background stamp. I used leftover scraps of cardstock for the banners and stamped the Happy using Hobbycraft typewriter alphabet (I seriously need to invest in a new alphabet stamp set, I have been drooling over the ah-maa-zing Lawn Fawn alphabets and matching dies, and I think they will be my next crafting investment). The Easter is die cut from yellow paper using the Sizzix Bug in a Rug alphabet dies and inked around the edges with Mustard seed.

Stamps: Hardwood, Hobbycraft clear typewriter alphabet
Inks: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink
Paper: Stampin' Up Birds of a Feather DSP
Cardstock: Hobbycraft three shades of blue 160 gsm cardstock, Hobbycraft three shades of yellow 160 gsm cardstock, Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock, Papermania capsule sizzling red hot cardstock, Craft UK kraft card
Other: 80's glam Sharpies

No comments: