Thursday 13 February 2014

Thank you cards with Wildflower Meadow

My most avid (and possibly only) fan, my Mum, asked me to make a few Thank You cards for her. Always eager to oblige should anyone have a need for my cards, I put together this little set of sweet cards using the Stampin' Up Wildflower Meadow set with matching stamp and embossing folder. It's so quick and easy to make embossed cards now that I have my Sizzix, compared to using the rolling pin method I have used before. Embossing is now a breeze and I want to make an endless amount of embossed cards. For these cards I chose to use the Stampin' Up seasonal colours for 2013-2015. I printed the sentiments as I don't have a Finnish "thank you" stamp. The font I used is called Xiomara and I downloaded it for free from here. I used this website which contains the RGB codes for all Stampin' Up colours to match the colours of the prints as closely as possible to the ink and cardstock.  I think I need to calibrate my printer colour profile as the Coastal Cabana didn't quite match up, the rest of them were great. 

I cut out Crumb Cake card in 10x20 cm to make eight 10x10 cm cards. I cut a mat of the coloured cardstock 9.5x9.5 cm. I stamped the image onto white cardstock and embossed using my Sizzix. I then cut the stamped and embossed image to 9x9cm. I printed the sentiments and cut using scissors. I also cut the banners using scissors. Finally I attached everything onto the Crumb Cake card and added an adhesive gem.

Inks: Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake, Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock
Stamps: Wildflower Meadow
Other: embossing folder Wildflower Meadow, adhesive gems either clear and coloured using my 80's glam Sharpies or from Papermania Capsule verde.




No comments: