Thursday 6 February 2014

Blue Birthday Card


Why does it always rain on Thursdays? Friday is our bin day, and I have a recollection that for as long as I can remember, I have been dragging those bins around in the pouring rain. I cannot wait for this dreary cold wet darkness to end. The reason I love papercrafting is because it makes me forget all my worries. It takes me away from my normal life and helps me forget everything that is troubling me. I just stamp or colour and empty my head of all thoughts that aren't about crafting. This card was born almost by mistake when I was playing around with the Stampin' Up Fresh Vintage stamp set, just stamping away. 

The card is monochrome in Stampin' Up Pacific Point. I made the background by stamping two different stamps from the Fresh Vintage set freehand on white cardstock. I matted it onto Pacific Point cardstock. I used two stamps from the Chalk Talk stamp set for the sentiment, I stamped the background onto Pacific Point cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder. I stamped the "Happy Big Day" sentiment onto white cardstock in Pacific point. I fussy cut both stamps using scissors. For a finishing touch, I added some blue ribbon from my stash and added three adhesive gems. Sometimes random stamping can give really nice results!

Ink: Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Tim Holtz distress embossing ink
Stamps: Stampin' Up Fresh Vintage for the background, Chalk Talk for the sentiment
Cardstock: Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock, Stampin' Up Pacific Point cardstock, Kraft card
Other: Blue ribbon from stash, Stampin' Up Basic Rhinestones, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder

No comments: