Sunday 26 January 2014

Andy Warhowl

Today's card is inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. This week's theme is Let's have a laugh. The Simon Says Stamp Design Team presented such cute cards using Paper Smooches stamps. I don't have any Paper Smooches stamps although I would love to get some. But right now, as I recently invested in a Big Shot I won't be buying more stamps anytime soon. Well, I guess I will, but not quickly enough for this challenge. I do have some stamp sets with cute animals so I thought I might be able to make something funny with those. I decided to make a Andy Warhol inspired card using the cute owl from the Stampin' Up Animal Stories stamp set. The card is quite simple, but I think it turned out all right.

I started by dividing a 12x12 cm piece of white cardstock into a 3x3 grid. I stamped the owls in Distress Embossing ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the stamps. The using scrap paper to mask every square, I used ink blending foam to colour the background using Tim's Squeezed Lemonade, Salty ocean and Picked raspberry distress inks. I used a grey Sharpie to draw lines between the different colours. I left the middle square empty, and printed the sentiment onto yellow Hobbycraft cardstock. The font is a free one called Always in My Heart which I downloaded from a free font repository here. I die cut (of course!) the sentiment using the Chalk Talk dies, inked around the edges with Squeezed Lemonade and very lightly with Picked Raspberry and attached two adhesive gems. Last, I matted the owls onto yellow, pink and blue cardstock and attached to Kraft card.

Inks: Tim Holtz distress embossing ink, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks
Stamps: Stampin' Up Animal Stories owl
Cardstock: Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock, blue and yellow cardstock from the Hobbycraft 3 Shades of Yellow and 3 Shades of Blue 160 gsm cardstock, pink cardstock from the Papermania Sizzling Red Hot collection
Other: Ranger super fine detail embossing powder, Stampin' Up Chalk Talk dies, Sizzix big shot, Papermania Capsule Sunshine adhesive gems

1 comment:

Lin said...

A great idea for a card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!